Monday, April 28, 2008

End of Semester




Well this semester has been the toughest one yet. I had a total melt down in my economics course during my first midterm. I totally forgot everything! The horrible part of my condition is the fact that when I got my exam back my answers were complete gibberish. As I read over the exam questi0ns I could answer each one of them accurately and completely, but whoever was out during the test didn't know a thing. This is one of my worst nightmares about school. I will have to take this class again in the fall.

Because I have been so out of control for the last month, and the outpatient therapy was so disruptive to my life I have made the decision to enter an intense inpatient program this summer. I had a difficult time trying to find a inpatient clinic that seemed like a match. I have called over a dozen hospitals in Boston, Washington D.C., Florida, Louisiana, Michigan, Texas, and California. I finally made the decision to go to the hospital in Los Angeles.


They have a DID ward that had available beds, and their therapy program will either kill me or really change things in my life. I leave this Friday, May 2nd to admit myself. My son has agreed to come live at my house to take care of my dogs, so I have one less thing to worry about. I now just need to get past a couple final projects for school and one final exam. I am hoping that I can keep things together and pull off some decent grades to make up for the "E" in my economics class. It is overwhelming trying to deal with school and preparing to be admitted to a mental institution at the same time. I am not sure how long I will be at the hospital. The nurse who conducted the intact interview said to plan on at least 4-6 weeks. That means that I will need to have all my bills and stuff taken care of for at least the next couple of months, as I will not have contact to the outside world. I am scared to death. But I am not one to shy aware from the difficult things in my life, and I do have a knack for rising to the challenge. Onward and Upward.

No comments: