Sunday, April 20, 2008

Finding that I am not Alone



One thing that I do when confronted with challenges or obstacles in my life is to seek out information and increase my knowledge on the matter at hand. With my DID this will forever be an ongoing exercise. I have currently sought out books written by others who have my same condition in order to gain perspective on dealing with the many challenges of life w/DID. The first book that I finished was 'First Person, Plural' by Dr. Cameron West. I don't remember ordering this book, but it showed up not too long ago on my doorstep. The strange thing about this book is that Dr. West ends up seeking therapy in the same city in California that I was first diagnosed, and where my ex-spouse still lives. It has been hard reading Dr. West's story because his wife did not just walk out of his life like my partner did. How things would be different if he would have stayed to help me through all this shit. (pardon my french). My quest for knowledge will continue, as I continue my college education as well as research on DID. I am not alone afterall. Onward and Upward.

No comments: